Friday, March 22, 2013

Personal Planning Session

Before you can do an effective planning session with your kids, you gotta know for yourself what you have going on.  So, on Saturday night or on Sunday before the Kid Planning Session, have a planning session with yourself.  Here is the list I made using Amy's as a guide:



Corey’s Schedule

Monday - Sunday Daily Cards - address each goal section

Schedule “Stay Up Late” Nights - remember the goals and purpose of them  
    - talk, laugh, play a game, journal memories, pray, hug & kiss and I love you

Monthly Job List - fill in needed items

Schedule weekly outing with Hyrum, Abi, Lily and Sophi

“Bedroom Check” Days - rotate turns - see “room check” list instructions

Plan FHE lesson - reference kids’ Church Goals - see list

Plan Dinner Menu - See Dinner Themes & Ideas

Fill out grocery list - use up fridge, freezer, storage, envelope mixes, frozen foods, serve a vegetable with every meal, eat a lot of salads

  • Crockpot Dinner

  • New recipe Dinner - work my way through a recipe cookbook

  • Dessert for Sunday, treat for FHE

  • New Vegetable each week

  • Sunday dinner plan - prep before church

  • Make something from scratch with wheat flour 3-5 times a week - muffins, cookies, tortillas, pancakes, crepes, bread, rolls

Gospel book to study - Seek Ye Diligently blog

Write in Journal - on private blog

Write in kid’s journals, write history on the family blog

31 Day Organizing Challenge

Creative outlet List - make goal of project to work on - Paint, craft, Pinterest



I haven't made all these sections in my Home Management binder yet, so I didn't cover all these things in my first planning session with myself.  And looking at the list with week 1 under my belt, I think I might be modifying this, but that's what I have right now. A good place to start

After 2 weeks, here's my personal updated  - Here

No comments:

Post a Comment