Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Daily Planner Book & To Do List

My neighbor Amy (you've heard me mention her before, right?) always takes two books with her in her purse - a small daily planner with a page for each day, and her "black book" which is her to do list.   Here are my two books - my daily calendar book and my to do list book (mine's pink).
I didn't buy a specific daily personal planner book, rather just a generic (yet pretty) little book of lined paper from Walmart and I'm dating each page as I go.
In the planner, on the opposite side of the page/day you are on, you get to see your "daily card" which is a card of your own making and planning that shows what that average day of the week is like - the weekly scheduled meetings, classes, etc. - I have it clipped to my planner and also cut a sheet protector to keep it from getting too hammered to quickly.
I used Amy's cards as I guide while I made my cards.  After only one week of this there are already things that I'm scribbling out and changing, but as for now, you can see my daily cards here.

Here's a picture of Amy's books when she was teaching me her system.  Good stuff.
That's her black book above, just write down anything and everything so you don't forget it (but also don't have to remember it!)  Your brain is clear and you've got a list of everything you need to do, awesome.  Just cross it off as you go.  From things to google, books to check out, people to email, etc.
And above again is Amy's planner with her daily card (left) with the general daily routine facing the calendar day with the specific plan and anything additional to the routine on the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment