by Ann Voskamp - I love these!
1. Quit trying to fit. Why try to squeeze all your extraordinary into ordinary?
2. God made woman to be a maker, to open her empty places and let life be knit from within her.
3. Creativity, it’s good theology; it’s what God did in the beginning.
4. When we stop fearing failure, we start being artists.
6. Art, it’s the second person present indicative of the verb to be. Art is a way of being and when you make your life art — thou art.
7. You have to bury your fear in faith. Otherwise you bury your talents.
Saturday, September 29, 2012
Hi there. I'm starting another blog to help me with my home decorating desires and aspirations. (It helps me if I keep things logged on a blog - I have a blog for my family's history, for exercise, and for spiritual stuff, so now I'm making this one to help me keep focused on homemaking, organization, cleaning, art and DIY creativity, etc.)
I have 8 kids and I don't and never have had a mortgage or bought/owned a home. I used to have pity parties for myself (like 2 years ago) and I struggled with an ungrateful heart that things weren't going as I had planned. But, another move and a new rental home, this time in Costa Rica, started to cure me of the ungratitude problem. Then we moved again and rented in Chile. We moved back to Utah in May 2011 and are still renting, but this time we really were blessed so over-the-top with a perfect sized home with trees and on a quiet dead end, it's heaven (see pic above). And maybe we'll rent here for years or buy it, who knows. I don't know what the future holds, but I've learned to bloom where I'm planted and am going to create a home for my little family, cause life is happening and isn't going to wait for anything.
So today the baby step I'm taking is: I'm going to go organize and clean the basement! Agh! This one's gonna be messy and long, but I should be able to make a dent in in for 2 hours, then I'm off to the Relief Society Broadcast at 6. Here I go, good luck!
|My kids playing in our front yard - perfect for their imagination!|
|Our House before Costa Rica/Chile|
|Our casa in Villareal, Costa Rica - lived there 3 months|
|Our apartment building in Las Condes, Santiago, Chile. 14th floor.|
Posted by Tiffanie at 2:54 PM