Thursday, January 2, 2014

Housework for Jesus Song

As I folded laundry this past weekend, I was crying a little with feelings of being overwhelmed and "I'm just so in over my head when it comes to trying to run this home", and so I started to sing to myself "I'm folding the clothes for Jesus" and thus this song was born. This is to help me REMEMBER that when I work and clean in my home, I'm doing it for God... The tune is a Primary Song called "I'm trying to be like Jesus" and the Mommy Lyrics go as follows: (verse 1 is about chores, verse two about cooking):

I'm cleaning the house for Jesus (or "folding the clothes," "sweeping the floor," etc)
I'm following in His way
I'm trying to serve as He did
In all that I do each day
At times I am tempted to wait for some help
But instead I'll keep working and will give of myself, Singing
Serve one another as Jesus serves you
Try to be helpful in all that you do
These small things will fill my heart and home with love
And lay up a treasure above.

I'm cooking a meal for Jesus
I'm doing this all for Him
I know that he feels so happy 
When I'm taking care of them
I'll try to remember all He's done for me
Then it won't be hard to give my time selflessly, Thinking
Serve one another as Jesus serves you
Try to be helpful in all that you do
These small things will fill my heart and home with love
And lay up a treasure above.

I think this will help me remember Him and that when I serve the least of these, I've done it unto Him. Matthew 25:40

No comments:

Post a Comment