Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Stick Decoration Thing

I had an idea a few months ago... the kids and I were talking about how slow and long the cold winter months of January and February and March seem to be. There's no real big holiday to get excited over and look forward to... just not enough going on. And on top of that  and with the cold weather, just makes it seem even longer and slower. So, we've decided that each month we're gonna have a party for ourselves, and January is our New Year Winter Party. I got some decorating inspiration from the Pointe Party that Mel had last month.
They just had a big stick thing in a pot on one of the tables that looked pretty with paint, lights, and ornaments, you can barely see a little of it in the picture above in the top left corner. Anyway, I decided we'd tried to do the same thing for our party ~ I found this stick just out in our neighborhood which looked like a nice long shape...
...which I screwed to a board from a bed that I have had in my stash of potential crafty things down in the basement...
Then painted it, put on some ornaments ~
Then add a bit more with lights and garland, and wa-la! We had some decor for our party!

No comments:

Post a Comment