Monday, June 24, 2013

Pillow Makeover

I went into Hobby Lobby on Saturday to let my creativity meander around and see if it could find anything for the projects in my head.  My main project (and has been since we moved in here 2 years ago) is to figure out something to do on our big huge blank wall that welcomes people when they walk in the front door.  I was looking at fabric for ideas for a picture to paint and stumbled upon a pattern I liked in the fabric remnants.  The colors go along with things we've already got in the room, plus some other things I want to do.  Plus it looked like it could replace the hideous pillows we currently had that I always had turned around backwards so they couldn't be seen.  Look at how ugly these are:

Actually, that is how ugly they WERE, cause Melodie helped me unstitch one as our experiment to see if we could improve them, and it was a success!  Here is the pretty makeover!
I did the first one and was so excited that I wanted to finish them all and so I stayed up past my bedtime until 3 a.m. unstitching, unstuffing, sewing, and re-stuffing all four.  They make me so happy!  We'll see what I come up with for the wall that they will help tie all together.  :)


No comments:

Post a Comment