Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Chores During the School Year

During the school year, my kids have 4 jobs each day:

  • Make your Bed
  • Bedroom clean
  • Clothes in closet or drawer neat and organized
  • 2 After School chores

After they leave for school in the morning, I take my little clipboard with each kid and category marked and I check off who did their morning jobs. 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place on the chores get a surprise on Monday night following the work week.

As for the 4th job there of 2 after school chores, I have a list of 12 chores that I just put on the fridge and when they come home and they each have to pick 2.
That's a change from the 6 chores I have them do each day during the summer. The kids aren't home as much during the day, so they don't make as big of a mess and I don't feel like they need to do 6 household chores each day. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment