Friday, August 2, 2013

Beautiful or Useful

One of the books I've been reading is the book "The Ultimate Career" by Darryl Hoole.  I got it from the library a while ago and just ordered it off Amazon cause it's got tons of great advice that I'll need to spend years applying to my life, thus getting it for my shelf so I can refer to it over and over again.  Good stuff, and I loved this quote from page 6 ~“Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.” ― William Morris
I've been trying to apply it as I clean the rooms of the house today - I'll pick up whatever random clutter is around and think "Is it useful?  Is it beautiful?" and if the answers are no then in the trash it goes.  Which is why I threw away a lot of broken crayons yesterday as I swept them off the floor for the ump-teenth time last night.  I hope as I contine to de-junk with this quote in mind that I'll be able to create a home that is full of useful beauty.

No comments:

Post a Comment